Honestly, I am a Canon guys. I have been using canon for many years now starting with my point shoot. And Nikon is my 2nd choice. But Sony?
Sony is quiet popular in various electronic products, but on DSLR it was really far behind in the game, where Canon 5D mark II and 7D rocked for couple years and now Nikon D800 is also doing great these days (in pro-consumer category). But things seem changing. Yes, Sony seem ready to complete now with their new a99, a DSLR with 14 bit RAW.
Here are the specs:
– 24MP full-frame sensor
– 14-bit RAW output
– Full 1080p output at 24p, 60p, 60i
– Uncompressed clean HDMI out
– ISO up to 25,600 (Wow)
– Dual SD card slots
– Dual Phase Detection AF System (a world first)
– Built-in GPS (I don’t care that much about this, but was it really that hard, people?)
– Translucent Mirror technology that allows more continuous focusing
– Magnesium alloy body — lightest full-frame camera on the market at 733g (we’ll see when the D600 comes out)
Watch out guys !!